Environmental sustainability: the right paper for your packaging
At Dee Packaging Solutions, we take our corporate responsibilities seriously. We are dedicated to providing the best service and products to our clients and creating a company culture and corporate code that will leave a positive impression through our business practices. With multiple certifications, we recognize our duty and embrace the use of sustainable practices in our business, ensuring the future of our planet for the coming generations.
We work with multiple agencies to ensure our operations reflect conscientious business practices, on local and national levels. Dee Packaging Solutions is also continually exploring municipal programs and stewardship opportunities with local and federal agencies to better its practices, working to leave the smallest carbon footprint possible.
A Commitment to Sustainability
We’ve shifted our thinking and our behavior at Dee Packaging Solutions, from the very personal recycling efforts of individuals to the broader, company-wide energy conservation practices we follow. It’s not just the changing of light bulbs, but a fundamental shift in our stewardship of the Earth’s resources, and how we regard our obligation to all life on the planet, now and for future generations.
All plant chemicals & solvents we use are recovered and reprocessed. All paperboard products are forested, renewable and recyclable.
Environmental Stewardship Program
We recognize the need to be responsible stewards of the environment and we embrace our role enthusiastically. That’s why we developed our Environmental Stewardship Program.
It’s a comprehensive, dynamic initiative that will evolve and improve over time. It is designed to work for everyone in the Dee Packaging Solutions community, including our clients, our employees, our manufacturing plant, our office and our local communities.
Highlights of our Environmental Stewardship Program include:
- Reduction in energy of more than 20% by installing energy efficient lighting, AC and appliances
- Expanded recycling initiatives to include plastic, wood and paper products
- Elimination and reduction of materials & chemicals once used in the production process by installing state of the art technology
- Reduction of landfill deposits by overall recycling initiatives
- Our lean manufacturing initiative resulted in approximately 1,383 recycled tons of paper annually. This translates to saving the planet approximately:
- 83,000,000 – Gallons of Water
- 23,511 – Trees
- 4,564 – Cubic yards of landfill space